Our goals for the Mentoring Program are to:
- Decrease the dropout rate of teenage and minority females, and increase their high school graduation rates.
- Create positive academic role models for young women.
- Empower girls & teens to become leaders, positive role models, and competent, active members of their communities.
- Improve young women’s perspectives towards education and encourage reading and academic curiosity.
- Help young girls & teens develop and define their short-term and long-term goals.
- Provide girls & teens with positive support and encouragement.
- Increase girls & teens’ sense of self worth and confidence.