Sister Girlfriends Mentoring Program is designed to target girls who are becoming distant from school and have accompanying truancy and disciplinary issues.
Our goal is to reduce the number of disciplinary referrals and increase school and community connectedness through the help of our mentors building trust and rapport with these girls.
Programs are designed for three different age groups:
- Sisters Circle (Elementary School): Mentoring focusing on activities that promote character development, academic success, and reading ability.
- Girls Circle (Middle School): Mentoring focusing on promoting character development, academic success, and exposure into our career development programs.
- Friends Circle (High School): Mentoring focusing on character development, academic success, and completion of our career development programs.
The Career Development Program entails:
- Resume Checker
- Workplace Etiquette
- Interviewing Skills
- Team Leadership Skills
- Networking Opportunities
- Basic Finance Lessons
- Finding Job Positions Online
- Proper Email Etiquette
- Honing Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Our overall goal is to empower young women to become leaders, positive role models, and active members of their community.